Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Playing "Catch Up!"

The phrase "playing 'catch up'" cracks me up. I teach Kindergarten. That's why. They're so literal. :) I used this phrase last week in my classroom when we had gotten behind on some work and activities. I told them... "Guys, it's going to be a busy day! We have to play "catch up!" In unison, they all repeated "Play catch up?" and HOWLED with laughter. I can almost picture they're little minds imagining some crazy game that involved ketchup! That's really what they thought. The explanation that followed was almost useless. They still laughed every time I repeated the phrase. Kids... :)

Anyhow... that's what I'm doing now... playing "ketchup!" on some blog posts. There hasn't been a whole lot going on lately, which is a good thing. We stay so busy usually! It was a wonderful Halloween holiday, though, filled with TONS of fun festivities! I started the week with a field trip to the pumpkin patch with my class where we went on a hay ride and got to take home a pie pumpkin. :) Then, a few days later, we walked up to Northside High School and the kids got to go trick or treating in their costumes. Aren't they cute?....














That evening, we headed to Ian and Jenna's for a Halloween House Warming! So fun! The best part.... PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST! I wasn't feeling at my most creative that evening, but I managed to squeak this out....


The next day was "Halloween," well at least in Columbus it was! People were already down the sidewalks at 5:30 when Trick or Treating wasn't supposed to start till 6!! Anyhow... we hadn't planned on really being at home for trick or treaters, but when the Georgia game lasted longer than expected, I just went ahead and assumed my position...


and then was shortly greeted by this nice fellow...


Geez! Anyhow... it was altogether a great weekend! We had a blast.... :) 

I am SO excited to head to Tennessee in a couple of weeks with our family for Thanksgiving. Rent a cabin, do some shopping, and eat, eat, eat! Well... with some restraint ;o). I am also looking forward to seeing our awesome proofs from a photo shoot that we had with a great friend and photographer, Kate Whitmore. Check out her blog http://katewhitmoreblog.com where there is a sneak peek post of our session! Yay!!

Talk to you all soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment