Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day Fun!

Well, yesterday was fun! We had a spread!! "Good food, good meat! Thank you Lord..Let's Eat!" I love hauling all of our bowls, spoons, pans, ingredients, mixers, and griddles and heading up here to the mountains for Thanksgiving. Something about it just makes the food taste better. We started cooking on Wednesday, then finished up starting Thanksgiving morning with some AWESOME dishes....

Granny's Dressing (recipe in "My Favorite Recipes" section of my blog)

Corn Casserole (recipe in "My Favorite Recipes" section of my blog)





Sweet Potato Casserole

Needless to say... not many of us could move very well after all this! Luckily, we were thankful enough to have Justin's aunt, uncle, and cousins come shortly after lunch and help us out with some of the leftovers! :)

After all the food.... we enjoyed the company of family in the cabin. We even took some time out for some family pics...

Uncle Keith, Aunt Tina, Wes, Eric, and Jason 

Mrs. Elisa jumped in for one, too :)


...and then Justin, too.




So.. after all the cheesing, we headed to Gatlinburg to see the Christmas lights and shop around a little. I took a TON of pictures, and obviously can't post them all, so if you want to see the entire album, just head over to my Facebook page and take a peek. (The link is on the left under "follow me") However, here are a few to give you an idea of what a fun and beautiful night it was....


Taffy making machine



My AWESOME parents :)

Just in case you are wondering... that's me on the bottom and Justin to my left! haha!

Couldn't resist!

That's Justin walking out with....

A deep fried Snicker bar! Ugh!!!


So there you have it.... a wonderful day with food, family, and fun. Today I will tackle the crowds at retail stores.... pray for me! That ought to be an interesting blog post! See you soon!

Happy Black Friday!

1 comment:

  1. We have some pictures in those very same spots...it was so pretty and I hope we can go back for the holidays in the years to come. The kids had a blast.
    Of course Scott would have been beside himself with excitement had we found that funnel cake place...he wanted one so bad, and we finally settled on one from a little place among the shops. :)

    ReplyDelete